|Peyton Thomas Smith,
Sr., may have descended Christopher Smith, who lived in Stonirakes, England, in the 17th
Descendants of Christopher SMITH
Generation No. 1
(1) CHRISTOPHER1 SMITH was born about 1600. He married ELIZABETH TOWNELEY HALSTEAD in 1624.
Generation No. 2
(2) MAJOR LAWRENCE2 SMITH, (CHRISTOPHER1) was born March 29,
1629 in Burnley Parish, Lancashire, England, and died after August 08, 1700. He married MARY
DEBNAM, daughter of WILLIAM DEBNAM and KATHERINE ____.
Generation No. 3
(3) CHARLES3 SMITH (LAWRENCE2, CHRISTOPHER1) was born in 1670, and died in 1709. He married DOROTHY PEYTON, daughter of MAJOR ROBERT PEYTON.
Generation No. 4
(4) MAJOR GENERAL ROBERT4 SMITH (CHARLES3, LAWRENCE2, CHRISTOPHER1) was born 1701, and died 1743 in Essex County, Virginia. He married ELIZABETH WORMLEY, daughter of CHRISTOPHER WORMELEY , ESQ.
Other information indicates the following are the children of ROBERT SMITH and
(5) CHARLES M.5 SMITH (ROBERT4,CHARLES3, LAWRENCE2, CHRISTOPHER1) was born 1740 in Virginia and married NANCY ____, who died in 1822 in Greene County, Georgia. Lived in Wilkes County, Georgia, then Greene County, Georgia.
(6) WILLIAM5 SMITH (ROBERT4,CHARLES3, LAWRENCE2, CHRISTOPHER1)
(7) PEYTON5 SMITH (ROBERT4,CHARLES3, LAWRENCE2, CHRISTOPHER1) went to Pittsylvania County, Virginia, then to Greene County, Georgia in 1796.